Saturday, January 2, 2010

ups and downs

I apparently am going to do an every other day posting due to a computer that doesn't like me....
so yesterday- back squats were awful, really brought me down. I just am not feeling them. I worked with Jess, and we both agreed at one point we did 165, and I dont remember them looking awful, but right now I am at 135...yuck...but something else to add to the poop list.
Then did max pushups, 3 sets...which would not have felt so bad except Rudy and I did 100 for time the night before. (4:37- followed by 100 squats which brought my total time to 10:02) so pushups were 17-12-10

Then the metcon- front squats felt great at 80% 1 RPM of back squat=54#. total metcon time 6:12- although I think I could have done a little better, put the bar down in the LAST set of front squats like an idiot which wasted time....

Then worked on Butterfly PU- Thanks to Emmitt I got a MUCH better feel...I think i am almost there...now its more of a consistency of getting head above the bar...I do on every 4th pull:) Its really hard being at this point though because I was here with kipping at certain extents and STILL cant get those, I hope the butterfly isnt teasing me as well.

Today worked with Roger, Mike, Em, Ali, and Randy at WCS on snatch and clean and jerk.... While I didnt really PR the weight felt so much better and I hope it is really getting there and that I dont have to keep taking two steps back.
Snatch today- 30kg... stayed around there to practice the form
Clean and jerk 40kg- could have gone up, but stuck there to practice that jerk form. I am pretty excited to know I can get 40 over my head, THAT may be a PR....but I want to do MORE!!!

So my biggest problem is patience....we all like to see results....I hate when I can't get things right away...esp. cause that means extra tips people tell you that you keep trying to remember...But I have to work on PATIENCE....

So tonight I did the row Rudy and Brett did- 5:30 on, 2:30 off, 6on, 3 off, 7 min on, done.
Worked on technique watching the video....I def. feel the difference when I lift my rib cage and straighten my back. I didnt realize how hunched over I rowed, and how much of a better pull I get when I sit up. I consistently was behind Rudy about 150m....
1127-1318-1519.

Ok. that catches me up for now. Well see what the next week brings when we have to go back to full work weeks. Very nervous about how that will affect my training.


No comments:

Post a Comment