Monday, February 1, 2010

I got 99 problems and a jerk is 1

I won't take this all the way back to where I left off, but since I am utterly bored at work (Thank Goodness my boss doesn't read this) I figured I would put some of my thoughts down, since I am now getting palpitations every time I think of sectionals in 12 days!

First 1) Value of a Rest day- I didn't take that to enough value. Wed. I tried an "Active rest" after 3 weeks, I did an endurance row. Didnt feel bad doing it. But Thursday everything went down hill. My body was cashed, my shoulders were tight. Alison and I met with Roger, and while I did gain the benefit of learning how to hit my thighs, OH when you say push your knees back thats what you mean...I also had a weak snatch form, and couldn't work on Jerks at all due to severe pain.
It also meant sitting out COMPLETELY on Friday, AND still having shoulder pain. That pain then moved to my rhomboid by Saturday AM, for a 95# jerk, 10 CTB pullup wod. Nothing like Jerks and pullups to grind it into my shoulders and scapulas anymore that I did not give myself the proper rest. I got 1 round and 2 or 3 jerks...One may ask with that few of rounds how could you not remember...But I honestly forgot among all the cleans I did do! I just couldnt get my arms to fire upward! The pullups didnt feel the best, but I did get how to do the chest to bar.
Thankfully I found the Norco, got the heat working again in the apartment (well my Landlord fixed that after 2 days) and for the rest of Saturday got to relax.
I will honor my rest day EVEN with sectionals being so close. I will take a real rest day at that.

So Sunday was more eventful for my body:
Front squats were light and great- 78-93-103 (8)
the WOD- 500m row, 15 thrusters, 10 pullups-4 rounds- this was a good leg one, which for me sucked because that is my weak area. My time wasnt the greatest- 13:06- but it felt good because it was a leg one. Its funny how much I argued in my head about it too...Stephanie gave me a great push...but I have to learn to not tell myself I am tired. I tried to think of Alexs post, keep the middle set STRONG.

Alison, Emily and I then did a hill run about 3 hours later. That was nice:) 8 rounds of the 4 leaf clover....It felt good mentally, and I didn't run into the tree at all down hill so yay me!
That was immediately followed with todays wod (by chance) of 24inch box jump, KBS- I chose to do 44# to work on my strength, and SDHP 65#. The box jumps amazingly felt fine. THe KBS- games standard- just had a hard time slowing my breathing. The SDHP however HURT! and I made the mistake of knowing when Alisons bar was dropped, and somehow felt I could drop mine even though shes a trillion times faster and stronger. (Another good point in Alexs article)
Time 8:21

overall it was a good day of learning if anything....
Still having twinges of pain throughout shoulders and scapula, but nothing like Saturday so I just keep shaking them and stretching, did some foam rolling last night too.

Ready for another good week of workouts, And a REST day.

4 comments:

  1. Greatest blog title ever. You have encouraged me to listen to the Black Album for the rest of my workday. It will be much better now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, use the rest day. I feel so much better this week by respecting it's value! Hope you are feeling much better too and don't panic about sectionals...this will be F-U-N!!!! Don't forget that very important detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kerry- THanks!! yeah it was in my head cause I got 99# (didnt try for 100) when I was with ROger a couple weeks ago for jerks. Kept thinking, really, 99!? plus there are like 99 things on my suck list....

    @ Amy- I know... it is fun...my body actually likes panic:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you posted!! I'm just as nervous as you. Amy's right, it will be fun (unless there is rowing involved:) ) AND take advantage of those rest days. They keep you sane and allow your body to recover. Cheers to the final days of training before Sectionals!:)

    ReplyDelete