Saturday, February 6, 2010

Freddy, Freddy, Freddy

Oh Freddy, how I was scared to face you today. 105 is a lot of weight, my PR was 99, how am I suppose to do even THAT in a multiple rep workout? And yes it did take me an additional two hours at the gym to even face you, (Sorry and thank you Bryce) as well as an hour of debates at home prior.
How could I not be scared?!? Rudy's response to whether or not he was going to repeat Freddy included vulgarity followed by NO. If Rudy doesnt want to do it (and I remember his video of it), I am scared...very scared...

So Freddy i didnt get you at 105, mentally I was too afraid after last weeks horrible failure of AMRAP 95#. But I did do 100#, and now that its over...I am ready to take you on again soon. even at sectionals! I was slow, dont get me wrong, I didn't own you. In fact in the 2nd round I dropped you, that hurt a lot. It took alot of mental work to clean you because that was my biggest fear. Even though I knew I could do it, it took 3 attempts and I might have yelled a little. Then I started breaking jerks into singles so I wouldnt do that again!! I also banged that bar against my clavicle so hard I lost my breath. but thanks to the group I kept pushing through. (How smart Erin C is to say do a single put it down, and reset, why can my brain not think that during it!!)
But I finished, I didn't puke, and I even got it within the cap at 11:49. so Freddy, I am ready!

Yesterday was a bit of a waste, I had a bad day at work followed by a bad day at the gym, essentially only did back squats
95-110-120 (5 ) - these were good and had Alison and Erin O verify depth,
then worked a little on pullups, Alison helped get me some form back.

The day before we went to Gattones, where I realized if you don't PRACTICE the snatch, you will suck. I felt bad, I don't like wasting Rogers time. I learned my lesson.
Clean and Jerks were good, but we kept things light, to 45 kg.

Getting excited as Tuesday nears....and more excited for Sunday, my will power to not cheat is getting borderline.

Oh and Thanks for a great push today everyone! and good music Chris!

4 comments:

  1. Rock on, Lady! Wish I had been there to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post, Mandie! Way to be unafraid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Mandie!! You're really CRUSHING these wods recently, and I'm so proud of you! And I can't wait to see you rock out at sectionals!!!

    ReplyDelete